Saturday, January 15, 2011

feelgood.

Every year, I always come up with a life changing New Year's resolution that lasts two weeks and then goes out the window. So this year I decided I would actually do something feasible. Drink. More. Water. Well, more fluids in general, but specifically water. I don't know about many of you, but I am a person that only drinks liquids when I'm thirsty. And the "experts" say if you start to drink and you feel like you're chugging the whole glass, you are already dehydrated. So essentially, I'm dehydrated 90% of the time. And I have to say, I want to make a change. This year I am going to drink water water water. And for those of you who are already half aquatic with the amount of water you drink, then I am telling you nothing new.

So I tried this whole water gig. I drank nothing but water for about three or four days straight, and I ate very minimal amounts of food that would disrupt my skin. Results? Glowing skin. My blemishes had diminished, and my skin felt radiant and hydrated. This goes for many of us, but we feel better about ourselves when we have a good hair day, or makeup day, and skin day as well. Personally, if I don't feel in tune with my appearance, than I just feel a little off. Not necessarily self conscious, just not my best. I, for one, have never been a huge advocate of expensive facial products. A few home (particularly Guyanese, in my case) remedies will have your skin glowing in a week. I only know about the success of these remedies from my own experience. Try them and see if they work for your own skin and leave a comment!

Egg White
My mother showed us an egg white facial that pulls all the information and excessive oils out of your face. Crack a small piece of the egg and just pull the egg white out. Then beat it up until it creates a foam. Put a thick, but even layer of the egg white on your face and wait until it hardens. Once it does, wash it off with some warm water. I promise you will feel a difference.

Oatmeal and Honey
This trick I used to do with my friends when we were younger, but it really leaves your skin glowing. Simply mix dried oatmeal and honey together and lay your head back (it will drip). Leave this mask on for about 8 minutes, then wash it off with a warm wet wash cloth. The Oatmeal acts as an exfoliant. The honey cleans and smooths the skin.

Sleep
Don't we all wish we could sleep all the time. I do. I have actually implemented a daily nap into my sleep cycle. It's really not good, but I need it to function. Also, I don't fall asleep until late because of these naps. And we all know a good night sleep also contributes to glowing skin. So for all those nights I toss and turn, I use Lavender Vanilla Aromatherapy Lotion for Sleep from Bath and Body Works. I usually rub some on my shoulders if I need a good night sleep and it knocks me right out. This even works on my mother, who I'm convinced hasn't slept in 27 years. And plus, I happen to like the scent.


$13


BITTERS
Alright, this is probably the worst option in terms of procedure, but the results are AMAZING. My mother buys cassava grass, most easily found near your local market place. She boils the grass down to this watery substance, if you will. We keep usually about a jar full for a week or so (my mom waters it down so that I can actually drink it. I'm a huge baby when it comes to this). Drink a small cup full of these bitters for about a week. This will clean your body out from the inside out. And as a result, MUCH CLEANER SKIN. It also flushes out your intestines and your blood and what not. I'm not going to lie, the taste is horrific. I've been held down to drink this numerous times. But I must say, this produces the best results, and a healthier you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your comments and to all you followers. I truly appreciate it!