Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh How History Repeats

Today I was looking my fashion books at some of my favorite pieces. I found it interesting that how many of out styles today are derived from history. Not to say that that isn't the case with other decades. But I feel that to many of the trends today are more of a direct interpretation from the times of Generation X up through the '90s. The textiles and silhouettes of the past are making a return with modern twists. I, for one, have been able to go straight into my mother's closet and pull out staple pieces that she wore in her twenties. So below I've taken some pieces blast from the garments that I found could easily go down the runway for Fashion Week!

And the Yves Saint Laurent "African Look" is my absolute favorite piece of all time.


1. Vivienne Westwood - 1997
2. Yves Saint Laurent - 1967
3. Jeanloup Sieff - 1971
4. Jean-Paul Gaultier - 1990
5. Christian Lacriox - 1990
6. Yohji Yamsmoto - 1999
7. Dior - 1990s


Photos from the books:
FASHION From the 18th to the 20th Century The Kyoto Costume Institute
and
FASHION Twentieth Century


And just a note, thank you for all of you who are beginning to follow! It really make me happy when I come online here and I see new comments and followers. I feel like I'm writing something worth someone's eyes. So just a thank you, and please continue to write and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your comments and to all you followers. I truly appreciate it!